Silver Linings Systems Data Center Modules: Best ROI of Any Option
Lowest Initial Investment for Building or Expanding Your Data Center Facility
Eliminating Build-out Expenses Can Save More Than Silver Linings Systems Data Center Modules Cost
Silver Linings Systems Data Center Modules (DCM) can be designed in any size or shape, and they can function in any location.
Many other solutions for housing racked IT equipment require building and/or renovating a large, protective structure, usually with raised floor airflow, and then cooling that structure as the means of cooling the IT equipment inside.
Such an environmentally controlled, costly to build and maintain edifice is a redundant, and avoidable, expense when Silver Linings System DCMs are the chosen alternative.
A DCM is a stand-alone enclosure. It is equipped with its own fully functional cooling system. Just set the completed enclosures on the floor and plug it into the power and plumbing.
- DCMs can be placed inside existing buildings, such as warehouses, basements, factory floors, even sound-proofed office space (when your “data center” is more of an expanded “server room”), without concern over the environment within those structures. Light-weight coverings are adequate to contain air flow with the DCM, holding down construction costs.
- DCMs can also be located outside, weatherized with a wide variety of exterior sheathings becoming, in essence, their own building.
- DCMs can be designed to move; on their own wheels, on flatbeds, on trains, in airplanes.
- Completed DCMs can be shipped “ready to run”, with or without the IT equipment already racked. Or, they can be shipped in component form, for on-site erection, stuffing and commissioning.
By eliminating the high costs and time required to build and/or renovate sheltering structures, the DCM solution can often save more than it costs.
The “Right Size” Answer Reduces Your Initial Investment Even Further
A great data center investment would be a structure that can meet your current needs and still permit inexpensive expansion when future growth arrives.
That’s exactly the type of ROI the Silver Linings Systems’ “right size” concept delivers.
Using DCMs as the primary design component, Silver Linings Systems can create and build a data center or server room that fits what you need “right now”, and then add to that initial structure as growth requires… without having to obsolete the first DCM you purchased. Even the inevitable improvements in server technology won’t depress your investment’s ROI. Because of its patented thermal management technology, a DCM can handle up to a 150% increase in kW usage without any upgrade in the thermal equipment.
Think “building blocks” to get a sense of the range of possibilities.
DCMs are both “stand alone” and “plug and play”. An initial unit is designed to house current IT inventory. When that inventory increases, any number of additional units can easily be connected to the first, with little or no interruption in service and for the lowest cost possible.
The Silver Linings Systems solution also allows you to avoid “over building”; paying for a larger data center than you need immediately, hoping you’ll someday “grow into it”, while paying for unused space in the meantime. You can make a data center investment based on your business’ near term outlook rather than relying on distant future success to justify a larger current expenditure.
The added economic flexibility frees a higher percentage of your IT budget to pay for the computing equipment itself, and much less for building the place to put it. Each subsequent investment increases the ROI of your total IT assets, brightening your bottom line year after year.
No more doing without
The ability to fund the development of an in-house data center on an incremental basis also eliminates the problems caused by inadequate IT capacity, or the costs for third-party temporary support. Taking advantage of the Silver Linings Systems approach, you can have the additional IT capacity you need now, even if constrained by strict budget limits.
Silver Linings Systems Offers the Highest Potential ROI of Any Other Option Due to:
- Lowest initial investment in a data center/server room that meets current needs
- Continued low investment for additional units to accommodate growth
- No need to obsolete existing units when adding expansion Modules
- No need to build or renovate buildings…including no need for raised floors
- No loss of business efficiency or competitive advantage due to delays in
expanding computing capacity
- Lowest energy consumption per kW of equipment being cooled
- No restrictions on brands or type of equipment housed
- Fast delivery
- Increased service efficiency and reduced servicing cost