Match Your Investment in a Data Center to the Growth of Your Business —
Silver Linings Data Center Rafts Can Brighten Any Company’s Cloud.
- Choose either a Modular Data Center (with customized shelter structures) or a Containerized Data Center (ISO-configured)
- Individual data center Rafts house IT and support equipment, plus a dedicated cooling system.
- Lowest initial investment for a professional data center structure
- Silver Linings Rafts house any brand or type of IT equipment
- Silver Linings Rafts can be available up to 60% faster than conventional solutions
- Standard Silver Linings Rafts are available in 180U and 225U configurations. Customized Rafts to 250U.
- Rafts can deliver PUE as close to unity as physics will allow
- Rafts are covered by the industry’s only written Performance Guarantee…including a return provision
Choose either a Modular Data Center (with customized shelter structures) or Containerized Data Center (ISO-configured)
- Modularity and connectability are key to a primary benefit of a Silver Linings Rafts data center: Expandability. A single Standard Raft is approximately 1/4 the size of an ISO container. Buy just the space required for your immediate needs, knowing you can easily, quickly and inexpensively add only as those needs increase.
- Customized shelters can be provided for whatever configuration of Rafts you choose, or units can be installed within existing structures. Standard units can be housed in traditional shipping containers. Rafts can be stacked or placed side-by-side to make maximum use of the available space.
Individual Silver Linings Rafts data center modules house IT and support equipment, plus a dedicated cooling system.
- Silver Linings Rafts are individually powered and cooled cabinets into which you can place servers and complementary support equipment to accommodate your current IT capacity needs while creating an economical platform for future data center growth. Silver Linings Rafts do not rely on existing computer room CARC systems to function.
- Because of the Raft's unique modular design and "plug-and-play" characteristics, expanding data center capacity becomes a cost effective option for companies of all sizes at all stages of growth.
Lowest initial investment for a professional data center structure
- Silver Linings Rafts' unique modularity and scaleable interconnectivity allow you to buy only the IT equipment you need to get your data center project started, and then add more as your computing capacity needs increase. Risk in minimized. Investment savings compound with each expansion. Maintenance costs are limited to only the area in active use. The ROI on your overall project is at its best.
- Paralleling data center investment to actual business growth eliminates the risks attendant with expending current dollars based on forecasts, and frees funds that would otherwise be unavailable for alternative uses.
- Furthermore, on average, a Standard Silver Linings Raft data center module can properly cool up to 150% more wattage/square foot than was originally specified. Such unique expandability greatly extends the life of your investment and increases your flexibility in dealing with equipment upgrades.
- The ability to fund incrementally also eliminates the problems caused by having to "do without" in the present waiting for future needs to justify a larger scale investment. With Silver Linings Rafts, you can have the additional IT capacity you need now, even if constrained by strict budget limits.
Silver Linings Rafts house any brand or type of IT equipment
- Silver Linings Rafts don't care what kind or brand of IT equipment they house; servers, switches, UPS. All are treated to a dependably cool environment in which performance is maximized while energy, maintenance and service costs are held to the minimum.
A Silver Linings Rafts data center can be available up to 60% faster than conventional solutions
- Even the most customized Silver Linings Rafts can be delivered about 60% faster than comparable traditional full container alternatives... Standard Rafts even faster. If a brick-and-mortar approach is your preference, Rafts can be used as interim storage and then moved inside when construction is complete.
Standard Silver Linings Rafts are available in 180U and 225U configurations. Customized Rafts to 250U.
- Silver Linings Rafts are available in a variety of standard units, as either singles or in combinations. Standard Cumulus Rafts can hold either four 24" racks or five 19", with 180U and 225U capacities respectively. Up to 250U configurations are available and can be provided as ISO containerized data centers. Multiple assemblies can be arranged side-by-side or stacked.
- Silver Linings Rafts can also be specially designed and built to accommodate unique applications. Standard Rafts can be forked in and out of universal ISO containers. Specialized housings for customized Rafts range from rugged, weatherproof, secure structures for units that will reside in the elements to lightweight polymer or sheet metal coverings for those destined for life indoors. Silver Linings Rafts can also be shipped in "kit" form, for assembly within locations that present access challenges.
- Your data center design flexibility is surpassed only by the final product's quality and performance.
Rafts can deliver PUE as close to unity as physics will allow
- 50% Less Heat. No Energy Increase
- Silver Linings Rafts were developed by IEA, LLC, an industrial-grade cooling equipment company, not an IT or container manufacturer. IEA's expertise generated a series of innovative solutions to the biggest problem with increased server density: Cooling modular data centers... and the escalating energy costs to do so.
- Each Silver Linings Raft is equipped with an on-board modular cooling system that can dissipate up to 50% more heat than conventional methods... with no increase in energy consumption.
- How? The use of a proprietary "augmented convective cooling" design, plus specialized heat exchanger core components, increases the heat removal efficiency of the moving air as well as targeting that air to only those areas of the equipment racks where and when its needed.
- Less energy is needed to cool servers, and temperatures are maintained more evenly throughout the racks.
- Simply put; the same amount of air passing through a Silver Linings Raft removes a lot more heat, saving a lot more money.
Rafts are covered by the industry's only written Performance Guarantee... including a return provision
- Silver Linings Rafts will arrive at your location ready for servers or peripherals to be loaded and local power and utilities to be connected; or your IT equipment can be installed at the Silver Linings factory.
- In either case, all the Raft's performance requirements will have been tested and validated before the unit left the factory.
- This validation process is so thorough that Silver Linings Rafts are the only such data center product backed by a written Performance Warranty: In essence, each Silver Linings Raft is guaranteed to meet or exceed all agreed-to customer performance specifications; and should any unit not meet this standard, remedies will be provided at no cost to the customer, up to the replacement of a faulty unit.